In June 2012, Brocade was virtually unknown in the federal space. The market, although a priority for the network provider, was almost entirely dominated by Cisco.
Brocade was ready to combat this situation by building its federal media presence and driving awareness of its dedication to supporting agency missions through offerings that challenge the status quo.
To accomplish this goal, Brocade partnered with Sage Communications to position Brocade as an innovative thought leader in the federal market and a go-to provider of cutting-edge networking solutions designed to solve government’s toughest challenges.
Sage developed an aggressive program designed to position Brocade as a challenger of the status quo in government and as the authority on innovative networking approaches. Sage capitalized on priority initiatives, such as Brocade’s annual Federal Forum, to build on ongoing momentum driven by a series of unique, carefully researched media outreach angles, strategically timed announcements and media tours, and relevant market research.
In mid-2014, Sage launched a comprehensive social media program designed to grow former Brocade VP of Federal Anthony Robbins’ social presence, train the Brocade Federal sales team on social media strategy and increase the company’s reach through its dedicated federal blog.
- Achieved as much as a 45 – 50 percent share of voice against two key competitors in the federal media during most quarters
- More than 70 unique articles published in 2016, including top-tier publications like Wired and Forbes
- Attendance of 24 reporters at the 2016 Brocade Federal Forum event, resulting in nearly 30 placements in key federal trades
- Doubled @AKRobbins2010’s Twitter following organically and led Robbins’ LinkedIn profile to a social selling index score of more than 90 (out of 100)
- Developed regular content for the Brocade Federal Insights blog, with individual posts reaching as many as 8,000 views