Account Executive Event and PR
A leading McLean, VA-based public relations and special events agency has an immediate opening for an industry professional with three-to-five years’ experience to serve as an account coordinator and as a supporting team member for a number of the agency’s public relations and special event clients.
Public relations activities range from the development and pitching of story ideas and media features to the creation and implementation of publicity stunts, special events, street teaming activities and grass roots community campaigns designed to draw media and public attention to our clients’ products, services, missions and causes. An active, working knowledge, and understanding of social media is also critical.
Event management activities require the ability to plan, manage, stage and implement a broad range of special events including a charity running race, youth and adult participant sporting events, recycling events and special projects, small seminars and a national hamburger-eating contest, among others.
Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree and the required level of experience with either an agency or an organizations on the client side for which he/she has handled special events and public relations.
Public relations role requires:
- The ability to successfully and effectively pitch and secure features, articles and news coverage through magazines, daily and weekly newspapers, television news, radio, blogs and other appropriate Internet outlets and/or manage a team toward those ends.
- Full-service social media skills across all platforms.
- The ability to develop, create and implement cause-related marketing campaigns as well as special events, including grand openings, with such events designed to produce media coverage, attract business and create public awareness.
- The ability and experience to create cross-promotional relationships with media organizations, companies and related retailers.
- Strong writing, editing and media pitch skills;
- A solid understanding of the local Washington, D.C. media environment, particularly business and retail journalists, is also helpful.
The event management role requires:
- Experience in staging, coordinating and implementing special events;
- Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to develop and maintain adherence to a campaign timeline and flow-chart, the ability to juggle multiple activities, adapt to changing conditions, prioritize key functions and manage client expectations;
- Contacts with local vendors, suppliers, printers, etc. is also helpful, but again not critical;
- Limited artwork production experience helpful but not absolutely necessary.
Position available immediately. Salary: $35,000 - $50,000 commensurate with experience. Benefits include 401K-retirement plan, health insurance and the opportunity to work with some of the most dynamic special events and clients.
Interviews begin immediately. To apply, please provide your resume and a short video responding to the following interview questions;
- Tell us a little bit about yourself,
- Describe your work experience in Public Relations?
- Tell us about your favorite experience in managing an event?
- What is your favorite TV show?
Sage Communications is a “drug free” workplace.
Sage Communication is an Equal Opportunity Employer and therefore provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Sage Communications expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time