Public Relations Account Executive
Sage Communications is a full-service, integrated public relations and marketing firm providing strategic communications services to clients from across the street to around the globe. At Sage, we work with all ranges of clients - from emerging start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
As one of the fastest growing firms in the DMV, we currently have an opening for a savvy Account Executive (AE) to support our PR division at one of the top full-service public relations and marketing communications firms on the East Coast.
Sage Communications offers highly competitive salaries, great benefits, ongoing professional development, year-round flex Fridays, 401k program and commission and bonuses for original new business and hiring referrals.
We’re looking for passionate individuals who are looking for the next challenge and ready to take on new experiences, take initiative, think creatively, and reap the benefits of growing with us in a fun and exciting atmosphere. In the AE role, you will be responsible for developing and executing public relations campaigns for our industry leading brands and clientele.
You should have experience in helping develop and execute powerful PR strategies and campaigns, incorporating both traditional and new media communications, and juggling client and team demands in a high-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR or related field
- 2+ years of public relations, public affairs, advocacy or communications experience
- Demonstrable experience in media relations, social media, and content development
- Solid writing, proofreading, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong media relations experience; established media relationships with focus in technology, B2B, and government & defense sectors
- Proficiency in social media engagement across multiple channels
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Agency and client-facing experience desired
Required Professional Skills:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Editing and proofreading skills
- Team player with the ability to work within a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated client service experience and outstanding level of professionalism
- Experience with developing and delivering presentations
- Problem solving skills and solid computer skills
- Ability to have fun
Sage Communications is a “drug free” workplace.
Sage Communication is an Equal Opportunity Employer and therefore provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Sage Communications expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time