Public Relations Account Coordinator
Sage Communications is a full-service, integrated public relations and marketing firm providing strategic communications services to clients ranging from emerging start-ups and nonprofits to government agencies and Fortune 500 companies.
As one of the fastest growing firms in the DC area, we currently have an opening for an entry level or early career Account Coordinator (AC) to support our PR division.
At Sage Communications, we offer highly competitive salaries, great benefits, ongoing professional development, flexible Friday schedules, a matching 401(k) program, and commission and bonuses for original new business and hiring referrals.
We’re looking for individuals with either strong internship or 1-2 years of experience who are passionate about public relations, able to think creatively, and ready to reap the benefits of growing with us in a fun and exciting atmosphere.
In the AC role, you will be responsible for assisting with the development and execution of public relations campaigns for our industry leading technology, healthcare, education, government agency and nonprofit clientele.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR or related field
- Internship with public relations, public affairs, advocacy or communications experience
- Demonstrable experience in media relations, social media, and content development
- Solid writing, proofreading, verbal and written communication skills
- Some media relations experience with a focus in technology, B2B, and government and defense sectors
- Proficiency in social media engagement across multiple channels
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Agency and client-facing experience desired
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors, tracks and reports editorial and social media coverage for multiple clients
- Finds and flags stories while monitoring media and suggesting opportunities to account teams
- Identifies pitching opportunities
- Develops accurate lists of the most appropriate journalists and bloggers for outreach
- Maintains and updates existing media lists
- Writes and proofreads media materials and pitches
- Coordinates and executes media mailings
- Researches federal, national, state, and local media and policy trends
- Assists multiple client teams in media relations and execution of PR programs
- Supports agency content development and marketing efforts
- Volunteers to take the first step in new projects, e.g., summarizing meeting notes or conducts research on potential pitch angles
- Works collaboratively in a team environment
- Takes initiative to help co-workers on projects before being asked
- Closes the loop on assignments and notifies team members when action items are complete
- Successfully multitasks within collaborative team structure and open work environment
- Ability to have fun
Sage Communications is a “drug free” workplace.
Sage Communication is an Equal Opportunity Employer and therefore provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Sage Communications expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time